[MlMt] revisiting fonts

Sat Apr 21 04:09:55 EDT 2018

On 20 Apr 2018, at 22:06, Rob McBroom wrote:

> I was messing with font settings again today and was reminded that the
> Plain Text and HTML alternatives are basically identical. If I change
> the font for either view, it changes for both.
>
> Is it possible to show plain text messages with a fixed-width font?

I think you can probably get close by creating this file:

	~/Library/Application\
Support/MailMate/Resources/MmMessagesWebView/html_stylesheet.css

For plain text emails displayed by MailMate then the following should
work:

	div { font-family: Monaco, monospace; }

> Is it possible to respect the senders font in HTML, but fall back to
> variable-width if they don’t specify?

Very often they do specify, e.g., MailMate has to explicitly request a
sans-serif font, because otherwise HTML emails get very ugly in some
email clients.

You could try something like this:

	body { font-family: monospace; }

Or maybe:

	p,div { font-family: monospace; }

Overriding everything:

	* { font-family: monospace !important; }