[MlMt] Two ways threads expand

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Fri Apr 20 11:11:17 EDT 2018

Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote (at 6:02 on 20 Apr 2018):

> On 19 Apr 2018, at 14:55, John Cooper wrote:
>
>> I bind the semicolon key to operations that are intended to expand
>> the current thread and select the first message in the thread:
>>
>> 	";" = ( "expandThread:", "rootOfThread:" );
>>
>> In practice, I find that sometimes this opens the thread without
>> changing the mail list view (as I expect) and sometimes the view
>> changes to search result view, where messages that are not in the
>> thread are hidden. I haven't been able to figure out why. Can anyone
>> explain?
>
> I believe that should only happen if the root of the thread is not in
> the current mailbox.

I just read this morning's large collection of MailMate threads in my
smart mailbox for MailMate. All the threads opened in the smart mailbox
except for two. I haven't fully tested it yet, but my working hypothesis
is that it depends on whether any of the threads have already been
opened or closed by clicking.