[MlMt] expiring deleted and sent

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Apr 10 23:24:29 EDT 2018

On 10 Apr 2018, at 17:27 (-0400), Randy Bush wrote:

> so, with the new hidden pref(s), anyone have a recipe for hard
> expunging
> sent and trashed messages > say 30 days?

2 different Smart Mailbox approaches:
   1. Mailboxes: Any of Sent, Trash;
      Conditions: Date is not within last 30 days;
      Rule: Conditions=[just exempting conditions]
            Action=Delete Permanently

   2. Mailboxes: All Messages;
      Conditions: Any of: Tags/Keywords include \Deleted, Received Does
Not Exist;
      Rule: Conditions=Date is not within last 30 days [and any
exemptions]
            Action=Delete Permanently

I use something like #1 to manage my flood of list mail: Most messages
in the mailbox sub-tree I use for public mailing lists get auto-deleted
after 30 days.

--
Bill Cole
bill at scconsult.com or billcole at apache.org