[MlMt] Images in Signatures

Sat Apr 7 11:27:36 EDT 2018

On 6 Apr 2018, at 16:58, pleasespamme at posteo.net wrote:

> Please support images in signatures. I’ve tried linking to a remote
> file, but because we have loading of remote images disabled, it breaks
> my signature.

Note that it only matters whether or not the *recipient* blocks remote
images.

> I’m willing to pay for this feature as my organization will no
> longer allow me to use MailMate if I can’t include the company logo
> in my signature. :(

I'm sorry to hear that. It might be worth discussing it with your
organization though. The “remote images” approach in MailMate is not
worse than the alternatives with respect to how well it works in other
email clients.

There's essentially 3 ways to do it (MailMate actually supports 2 out of
3). Instead of describing them here I've googled it and I found this
link for you: https://sendgrid.com/blog/embedding-images-emails-facts/

None of the methods work well in all email clients. I prefer the
“remote image” approach, because that allows the *recipient* to
decide whether or not it's important to see the image. The recipient is
not forced to waste space and/or bandwidth on the image.

Maybe your organization needs to know that some recipients are going to
be very annoyed when company logos are inlined (due to the waste of
space and bandwidth). My guess is that very few recipients are annoyed
when a company logo isn't displayed due to image blocking enabled by the
same user.

I hope that might help.