[MlMt] UID server error

Tue Sep 26 06:04:52 EDT 2017

On 25 Sep 2017, at 2:49, Dave C wrote:

I know I already answered your private email about this, but I'll answer
here again in case other Yahoo users on this list experience the same
issue.

> Getting this server error in MailMate on a Yahoo account:
>
> MailMate encountered the following error: “Detected mismatch in UIDs
> received from server (previous value: 105158, new value: 105170).”.
> Mailbox: “Trash”.

This is a server bug which MailMate failed to detect in the past. It
*could* be a serious problem, but after reviewing logs I *think* it's
safe if MailMate ignores the problem, but it's tricky to do this
automatically without allowing serious problems to go unnoticed.

For now, it's possible to work around the issue using this hidden
preference:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmYahooMismatchWorkaroundEnabled
-bool YES

> It started with the latest version update of MM (currently 1.9.7).

Yes, previous versions of MailMate failed to detect the issue and simply
ignored it. By pure chance this was also a workaround for the issue, but
that might not be the case for IMAP servers with similar issues (for
now, I've only seen this problem with Yahoo which is also one of the
buggiest IMAP servers in existence).