[MlMt] My Office 365 Battle

Fri Sep 8 04:53:54 EDT 2017

On 8 Sep 2017, at 10:42, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 8 Sep 2017, at 10:32, Kee Hinckley wrote:
>
>> Is this at all useful?
>>
>> https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/exchangedev/2014/03/25/using-oauth2-to-access-calendar-contact-and-mail-api-in-office-365-exchange-online/
>>
>> It talks about registering apps.
>
> Hmm, maybe. These things are often written as if the company is the
> center of the universe. I don't even know what Microsoft Azure is :)
> Don't worry, I'll check it out and I'll know in a moment if I don't
> drown in a sea of buzzwords ;-)

Ok, I tried following instructions to [register a new
application](https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/active-directory/develop/active-directory-integrating-applications)
using the account I have for the `outlook.com` OAuth2 registration. In
an extremely complex GUI I found “App Registration” and ended up
with this:

![](cid:FCC4FAB2-C425-46BA-AF77-3EAD2FEEE472 at freron.com "Azure.png")

That's not very informative and I don't know who “the owner” is.
That just illustrates that I don't really know what I'm doing :)

Let me know if an application specific password doesn't work for you and
then I'll see if I can find out more. I'm thinking maybe it is required
that your service provider (“the owner”?) registers MailMate and
MailMate then needs to be configured with the resulting credentials.
This would require some configurability changes to MailMate, but I'm
willing to look into that if necessary.

And maybe this subject should move off list :)