[MlMt] Mailmate local store path

Bharath M Palavalli mail at bharathpalavalli.com
Fri Sep 1 18:12:41 EDT 2017

On 1 Sep 2017, at 17:12, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On 1 Sep 2017, at 4:27, Bharath M Palavalli wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Given that I only have a 128GB hard disk, I would like to control the
>> location where Mailmate stores emails. Is there a way for me to do
>> this?
>>
>> I am running certain applications out of an additional storage
>> application without any problem (RStudio, emacs, Freemind, Atom,
>> IntelliJ, Freemind, Steam, etc.).
>>
>> In this thread:
>> https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/266-choose-location-of-on-disk-mailstore
>> I did notice that it was there was such a request a long time ago
>> (2012), has there been a change since then?
>>
> Per the thread, have you tried symlinking?
>

>         --Steve Bellovin, https://www.cs.columbia.edu/~smb

Hello,

Yes, symlinking works. I am currently using it, but wanted to check if
there was a more elegant solution.

I have one mailbox which is over 12GB and another around 3GB (both IMAP)
that I am currently using. I do have one minor issue though, accessing
the larger mailbox and responding to mails has a small delay that
wasn’t there earlier, which is why I wanted to know if there has been
a change or update since 2012 that I did not know about.

--
Thank you,
Bharath