[MlMt] Keybindings

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Tue Oct 31 11:31:58 EDT 2017

On 26 Oct 2017, at 6:32, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 25 Oct 2017, at 4:09, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are there different
>> keybindings for different contexts in MailMate, and if so, how do we
>> configure them?
>
> No, there is only one set of key bindings (in MailMate).
>
>> I.e., if I want a keystroke for the Composer, can I put it in a
>> special-purpose keymap (like there is in Emacs, for example)?
>
> No.

So how do we, for example, make a command that works with a normal,
unmodified keystroke (e.g., the use of "j" for send to junk or "a" for
archive in Postbox), without making it impossible to put an a or a j in
an email message we are composing?

Do we just ensure that commands check for the right context before
firing?

Thanks,