[MlMt] Focus on message list

Charlie Garrison charlie-lists at garrison.com.au
Mon Oct 30 19:27:26 EDT 2017

On 31 Oct 2017, at 10:04, Alex Abdo wrote:

> That’s extremely helpful. Thanks, Charlie. I have a keybinding for
> what you have as 0, but the others seem good, too.

I use the third one (to select next unread message) all the time.

> It would still be nice if MlMt focused more intuitively on the message
> list when appropriate, but the workarounds work, I suppose.

I wouldn’t consider them workarounds; they are documented solutions
for customising MailMate to your tastes. The “when appropriate”
requirement can be customised as appropriate for each user.

The documentation could be improved; eg. I’d like to see a complete
list of possible actions that can be used. Aside from that though, I
think Benny has made a good solution for customising keystrokes. Aside
from macro programs (& scripts), all other apps just allow setting a
keystroke for a single action, MailMate allows a sequence of actions;
very cool.

-cng

--

     Charlie Garrison                   <charlie at garrison.com.au>