[MlMt] RSVP/respond to ical/.ics calendar invite?

Wed Oct 18 13:03:36 EDT 2017

Hi Giovanni,

you already got some replies. I'll try to fill the gaps.

On 17 Oct 2017, at 23:18, Giovanni Lanzani wrote:

>   - the email account this was sent to/the account that received it;

That's probably best done using `#source.server`. You can use the GUI
(e.g., the statistics view) to explore the available specifiers.
Alternatively, examine this file:

	MailMate.app/Contents/Frameworks/OakMIME.framework/Resources/specifiers.plist

>   - the attachment (i.e. the invite);

This is where you need me to add something to MailMate. I've kind of
postponed providing attachments to bundle commands until it was needed,
but this is a “chicken or the egg” type of excuse :)

I'm thinking this would be some kind of boolean option for bundle
commands which would provide paths to all attachments saved as files
(maybe optionally filtered by mime type). I'll need a bit of time to
think about this.

>   - the status

What kind of status?

>   - optionally a remark.

Remark?

> - And how does mailmate parse the reply? For example the invite needs
> to be encoded in base64.

You provide MailMate with the body text and the attachments and MailMate
should take of the encoding needed to send it.

But MailMate is also lacking the ability to let you add an attachment to
a reply. This I would also need to add (and I would want to do this not
only for the purpose of this bundle).

> - Is there a preference for programming languages? I'm mostly familiar
> with Python.

No, Python is fine.

> You can all have a look
> [here](https://stackoverflow.com/questions/4823574/sending-meeting-invitations-with-python)
> for a minimal Python implementation.
>
> Replying is much easier though: you just need to change the content of
> one line of the invite (assuming no notes are added).

I'm going to try to ignore having to understand the details of the
calendar format and what can be done with invites. I'll just note that
hopefully MailMate can make this a bit simpler by taking care of
constructing the MIME message.

Maybe I should just let you know when the attachments features described
above are available? :)

Do you think they would be sufficient? Or do you need more detailed
control of the construction of the MIME message?