[MlMt] addition of "***UNCHECKED***" to subject of incoming GPG-encrypted messages?

Michael Dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Mon Oct 16 21:54:27 EDT 2017

I apologize if I’ve missed an explanation of this somewhere obvious,
but I’ve not been able to clarify this in the the Mailmate Help file
or searching the email list archives.  The security status banner
information for GPG-encrypted messages seems fairly clear:

	Successfully decrypted OpenPGP message.
	This message is also trusted to have been signed by the sender.

However the addition of “***UNCHECKED***” to the subject leads me to
wonder what exactly was unchecked, esp. given the information provided
by the security status banner.  Can anyone direct me to where this might
be explained in further detail?  Thanks.