[MlMt] DKIM validation at client level

Alexandre Takacs a.takacs at augicom.ch
Fri Oct 6 06:31:26 EDT 2017

On 6 Oct 2017, at 6:00, Bill Cole wrote:

> The value of DKIM validation at any point is dubious, given that
> anyone can DKIM-sign their messages for the cost of a domain and some
> DNS and MTA config clues.

Sorry I am not sure to understand / agree on this one. I personally find
value in being able to verify that the mail I am getting from domain "x"
is not spoofed. And it would be nice, if not ideal, to be able to do so
client side (i.e., in MailMate). Do you have any specifics to
substantiate "DKIM validation after final delivery and IMAP retrieval is
potentially problematic" ? I'd be interested to learn about it.

A. Takacs
Augicom SA
+41 (22) 301 16 00