[MlMt] "(No Correspondent)"

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Thu Oct 5 15:14:14 EDT 2017

On 4 Oct 2017, at 19:02, Sam Hathaway wrote:

> I’m seeing “(No Correspondent)” in the Correspondents column for
> some messages. If I quit and re-open MM it goes away (the real
> correspondents are shown) but later “(No Correspondent)” will show
> up on some other message.
>
> Occasionally all messages in a mailbox will show “(No
> Correspondent)”.

FWIW, I used to very occasionally have this happen as well, except never
for just a few messages; suddenly the entire mailbox I had open would
just blink from displaying properly to displaying "(No Correspondent)"
for every message in it. (And I think other mailboxes would then also
show "(No Correspondent)" for all messages if I switched to them, but I
can't remember for sure.) Quitting and restarting would fix it, and
because I could never connect it to a specific trigger, I didn't bother
complaining about it; it seemed to occur completely randomly.

I haven't seen this happen lately (or in the last few updates of
MailMate), but given the rare and random timing with which I did see it,
I don't know if that means it's completely stopped. So for whatever it
may be worth, another data point. (And I was seeing this with Gmail
accounts, so I was by no means certain that the fault was MailMate's,
anyway...)

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com