[MlMt] Condition help

Helen Holzgrafe helen at holzgrafe.com
Tue Nov 28 14:59:46 EST 2017

I thought there was an example of that in the mailmate example
mailboxes. The example I have is named "Personal Inbox with Threads":

The condition on the mailbox is:
All the following is true
Thread-Id   is in   Personal Mailbox   Thread-Id

These are all selected from the drop down menus on the mailbox
conditions page.

I am pretty sure this just makes sure that any message that shares a
thread-id with a message in "Personal Mailbox" (and all the messages in
"Personal Mailbox") will end up in this mailbox.

So, you can use the thread id to make exactly the mailbox you want.

I have found, though, that thread id's get lost sometimes and it is not
100% guaranteed to find all messages in threads. This is not Mailmate's
fault.  Sometimes mailer programs strip out thread ids and so that
message won't have the same thread id as the others. Keeping that in
mind, you can do this.

-Helen