[MlMt] Start Mailmate in offline mode

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Sun Nov 26 22:14:59 EST 2017

On 26 Nov 2017, at 19:23 (-0500), Dominik Obermaier wrote:

> I typically tend to avoid having MailMate open all the time as I like
> to work with e-mails in a batched mode (= checking mails 2-3 times a
> day).
>
> Sometimes I need to open MailMate in order to search for archived
> e-mails when working on non email related tasks. Unfortunately new
> e-mails arrive in my inbox as soon as I start MailMate. Is there a way
> to start MailMate in “offline mode” so all mailboxes are offline
> when starting MailMate?

Every IMAP account has a default synchronization schedule and each
folder can have its own schedule, with the INBOX of every account
defaulting to "Connected" which means MM uses the IDLE command to get
notified of new messages as they arrive. All of these can be set to
"Manually."

> If there isn’t such a feature available, would it be possible to
> define a shortcut to enable/disable ALL mailboxes simultaneously?

No, but setting the top-level account object offline applies to all
mailboxes of the account, so as David Green noted, you can select all
the account and right-click or use the Mailbox menu to take them
offline. I'm not sure if MM has a selector for the "Take Offline"
command that would allow you to set an equivalent in the MM Key Bindings
but since it's a menu command, you can use the System Preferences
(Keyboard->Shortcuts->App Shortcuts) to set a key equivalent for it.