[MlMt] Sharing [was Re: QuickBooks?]

Robert Goldman rpgoldman at sift.net
Mon Nov 13 17:33:07 EST 2017

On 3 Nov 2017, at 3:36, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 2 Nov 2017, at 17:00, Robert Goldman wrote:
>
>> Related to the sharing issue, I'm not on High Sierra, just 10.12.6,
>> but when I tried to make a contact from an email address, it didn't
>> fully work.  The "contacts" window popped up, but I didn't get a new
>> contact record started, and the email address I chose wasn't filled
>> in anywhere.
>
> It works on Sierra (for me). I'll note to check High Sierra. Make sure
> that MailMate has access to Contacts -- see “System Preferences ▸
> Security & Privacy ▸ Privacy”.

I have tested this a few more times.  The access fix you suggested
*almost* makes it work.  Now when I try to add to contacts, I *do* get
the contacts window to open up.

I see for a moment a contact window with the name and email address....
and then it is wiped, and the contacts window shows me the record that
is alphabetically after the record that I tried to add.  I suspect that
this is Apple's software acting up, not yours (most likely something
related to syncing contacts).  Any idea what I might look for in the
logs to figure out what's gone wrong?

Thanks,