[MlMt] Feature request: autoremove signature

Mon Nov 13 09:48:37 EST 2017

On 10 Nov 2017, at 15:47, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 7 Nov 2017, at 14:08, Mike Brasch wrote:
>
>> some times ago I asked for this feature and I really need it. I want
>> to autoremove the signature block (minusminusspace) when replying.
>
> You asked for this [a very long time
> ago](https://freron.lighthouseapp.com/projects/58672/tickets/64-replying-mails-signature-in-replied-mail-should-be-cut-off)
> :)
>
> Most of the various parts needed for this to be implemented work now.
> I've noted that I should add the missing piece(s) and hopefully there
> won't be any unexpected difficulties. (It'll be handled by an external
> script which can be customized/replaced.)

The latest test release has some experimental support for this. You can
enable it like this:

	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmBundleCommandForStrippingBanner
"EC310C79-94AA-4D96-BCAD-D254C9EB911A"
	defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmBundleCommandForStrippingSignature
"96CC3C9E-4D1C-46E6-BD7A-97D2CF2E2DCF"

As indicated it is handled by some bundle commands (filters) within the
MailMate bundle and therefore it is possible to replace it with your own
code.

By mistake, it also strips signatures/banners when forwarding.

It does not strip quoted signatures/banners.

It does not affect displaying messages.

There are probably other issues :)

Have fun.