[MlMt] Equalize the appearance of the message list pane over all mailboxes

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Thu Nov 2 17:47:17 EDT 2017

On 2 Nov 2017, at 18:17, Andreas Borutta wrote:

> MailMate only has 1 default set of columns (see “Use as/Revert to
> Default Columns” in the columns menu).
>

> I tried that.
> Steps to reproduce:
> I choosed all columns in one mailbox which I need.
> I set all widths to the size I prefer.
> Than I choosed "Use as Default Columns".
> But all the other mailboxes do not overtake the set nor the sizes.
>

>> But, as readers of this list knows, there are bugs in the column
>> save/restore system which means it doesn't always behave as you might
>> expect.
>

> May be I have wrong expectations about the feature.
>
> Andreas

You need to right-click on the column headers in each mailbox and select
to use the default columns. Yes, for each mailbox separately. New
mailboxes use default setting by default but if you changed anything in
any mailbox, the defaults are ignored unless you tell MM explicitly to
start using them again.

A few mailboxes do not use default settings no matter what. This was
discussed in an earlier thread. Sent and Drafts come to my mind but
there was at least one more. The default settings are not optimal for
those anyway, so it is not a real issue.

Robert