[MlMt] Equalize the appearance of the message list pane over all mailboxes

Thu Nov 2 11:22:18 EDT 2017

On 1 Nov 2017, at 20:32, Andreas Borutta wrote:

> I'm completely new to MM and this is my first post into the mailing
> list.

Welcome to the list.

> I will help a friend, who uses a lot of mailboxes in his two accounts.
> My wish is, that the appearance of all mailboxes in both accounts is
> equal.
>
> Examples:
> Same set of columns
> Same columns have the same width
> Same view settings
>
> How can I realize that please?

MailMate only has 1 default set of columns (see “Use as/Revert to
Default Columns” in the columns menu). MailMate also remembers the
changes you do to individual mailboxes.

Also, by default a mailbox inherits the settings of its parent mailbox
if it doesn't have any explicit settings. That might help a bit.

But, as readers of this list knows, there are bugs in the column
save/restore system which means it doesn't always behave as you might
expect. My plan is still to completely replace how it currently works
and hopefully the replacement is also going to be more flexible
(although I'm not quite sure it'll do what you need).