[MlMt] MailMate/BusyContacts Disappearing Mail Activity

Blayne Puklich blayne at puklich.com
Tue May 2 11:21:48 EDT 2017

Here’s another observation.

Double-clicking on an email in the BusyContacts Activity pane to open an
email message in MailMate causes Spotlight to change how that email
message appears in the Spotlight search results. As I mentioned before,
that email message no longer appears in BusyContacts once MailMate opens
it. Somehow the Spotlight index or results are being modified.

For example, email messages that appear in the BusyContacts Activity
pane for a contact show up in Spotlight search results with the From
address and subject, such as “Blayne Puklich  Re: Lunch.”

Email messages that do NOT show up in the BusyContacts Activity pane
show up in the Spotlight search results as the exact file name, such as
12345.eml.

One additional observation. Get Info on an email message that does
appear in BusyContacts shows a “More Info” with Authors and
Recipients fields. Get Info on an email message that does not appear is
missing these “More Info” fields.

---
Blayne Puklich             Minneapolis, MN       PGP Key ID: 0xC52CA6C1
* mailto:blayne at puklich.com
          I'd explain it to you, but your brain would explode.