[MlMt] Run a script in a mailbox rule?

Sat Mar 25 05:50:41 EDT 2017

On 24 Mar 2017, at 23:34, Randall Meadows wrote:

> I want to run a script (bash/zsh [preferred] or AppleScript, et al.)
> whenever a new incoming message matches certain conditions I have
> defined in a rule on a mailbox.
>
> I see the Run Command action in the rules editor, but that pulls from
> the Bundles I've enabled in the Bundles prefpane, and none of them
> seem to be able to run a script as an action.  Do I have to create my
> own Bundle to do this, or is there something else I'm missing?

Yes, currently you have to create a bundle to do this. The “missing”
feature is a GUI to actually do this since doing it manually is a bit
complex and badly documented. It allows you to use any scripting
language and you can control the input provided to the script and you
can use the output of the script to tell MailMate to perform various
tasks. I've recently sent a few example bundles to the list and this is
a good starting point. The most important thing to remember is that
every use of the `uuid` value must have a unique value. This can be
generated using the `uuidgen` command in a Terminal window.