[MlMt] Share

Wed Mar 15 18:18:35 EDT 2017

On 15 Mar 2017, at 18:44, John D. Muccigrosso wrote:

> The MM2 share widget pops up a window asking if I want to open a
> message or cancel. A few questions:
>
> 1. How is this an improvement over the built-in Mail share widget? I
> suppose it allows you to use MM and another mail client?
>
> 2. No button on the pop-up is a keyboard default, so you have to click
> on it.
>
> 3. Most of the time you're going to want to create the message, so
> "OK" should be the default, but more broadly, how is asking here
> better than just opening a new message that can be closed (and thus
> canceled)? It's one action in either case.
>
> So I guess I'd suggest that the pop-up step be eliminated.

If I remember correctly then the problem is that the Apple API for
implementing this does not allow me to make the Share widget skip the
window. Apple Mail can only do it because it uses a private API not
available to third party developers. I think I tried getting around this
problem, but I wasn't successful.