[MlMt] Marking messages as read on open; Mailing Lists smart folder

Patrick Pritchard outside at d26.net
Thu Jun 29 14:54:13 EDT 2017

G’day group.

Finally being fed up with Apple’s Mail.app, I’m testing the waters
with MailMate.  So far, I’m super happy with the experience.  Markdown
is great, and the smart folders for unread mail uncovered ancient
messages and have really helped me to streamline my email workflow.

That said, two questions remain before I can comfortable make the full
switch (!):

1. In the Mailing Lists smart folder, sometimes new “lists” are
created with absolute gibberish for names, such as
“6141152_5959791”.  I surmise that this is because the senders are
using auto-email generators to email in bulk, and MlMt is grouping these
accordingly… Is there a way to fix this and/or adjust this?  After a
day I may have 10 “new” mailing lists show up, which aren’t
actually lists.  (But legitimate lists do show up, legitimately, which
is nice!).
2. Is there a way to mark a message as read when you double-click on it
to open?  I currently have:

     . Double-click opens a message in a new window under the
Preferences —>  Viewer tab
     . Mark messages read after 0 seconds under the Preferences —>
Viewer tab

     I would like it so that when I cursor over a message in the message
list it does not mark as read from the main window (this works), but
when I double click it to open it in a new window, it is then marked as
read…  Is this possible?

Otherwise, amazing product!

Thanks,
-p