[MlMt] Three questions: signature on new email (doesn't work?), quick filters (/a la/ Thunderbird), filter order

Andrew V. Jones andrew.jones at vectorcast.com
Wed Jun 28 09:57:07 EDT 2017

Hello,

I have just moved from Thunderbird to MailMate, after experiencing
issues with reliability in Thunderbird. So far, my experience with
MailMate has been great, and I have purchased a license for it.

However, I am still suffering three niggles …

    1) signature on new emails: one thing I liked about Thunderbird was
that it could auto-insert a signature only to new emails; indeed
MailMate claims to support this by:

> defaults write com.freron.MailMate MmDynamicSignatureMethod -string
> messageType

    however, this really doesn’t work for me at all — I still have
to manually insert my signature (which is a bit annoying). Any
suggestions?

    2) Is there anyway to do “quick filtering” of an inbox like in
Thunderbird, where it filters (quickly) based only on the subject? I
guess I could type in “subject:<query>” every time, but that’s
also not terrible efficient

    3) Order of results: I have my inbox ordered such that the most
recent emails should appear at the top, and my sent items in the other
way (not sure why); however when I search for things, MailMate seems to
arbitrarily chose an order to sort the results (worse: if I searching my
inbox, it sorts it in the sent items order!) — does anyone else see
this?

Thanks!

Andrew