[MlMt] deleting message auto-opens next

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Mon Jun 26 14:22:58 EDT 2017

I open messages in a separate window, not a pane of the main viewer
window. (I have "three panes" selected under "Layout," but the pane
where the message would be visible is completely closed.)

If I have my inbox selected and am looking at a message in it, which is
open in a separate window, and I type keystroke commands to move the
message to another folder, the message window closes, leaving the next
message in my inbox highlighted, ready for me to do something with it if
I wish. Perfect. (Presumably this is because I have "Close window after
move" ticked in the Viewer preferences.)

But if, instead of moving the message I'm looking at, I hit Delete, then
the next message in my inbox auto-opens in the separate window. I don't
want this! I don't necessarily want to deal with that message at that
moment, and now I have to both close the window and mark the message as
unread again.

I don't think this used to happen? Maybe I changed a preference (but
I've looked and can't find a relevant one other than "Close window after
move"). Did something change in the app? Can I get the window to close
on both move and delete?

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com