[MlMt] Inject custom javascript into Message View

Mon Jun 26 10:21:42 EDT 2017

On 23 Jun 2017, at 5:30, Padraic Renaghan wrote:

> Benny, thinking it might be nice to run this filter when the reply to
> an existing message is created, so the reply does carry-forward all
> the junk. What would be the right event to hook my new filter into for
> that?

There's no simple answer for that. *If* you don't use the HTML embedding
features of MailMate then `sanitize_canonical` could be used (which
expects plain text input/output) to add an extra filter. If you do use
HTML embedding then there's no perfect candidate, but `embed_html` could
probably be used if using a CSS inliner (I can perhaps look into
changing this to be more logical/useful). The main problem is that the
plain text script is still needed and the plain text and the HTML
scripts should remove the same content -- which could be very difficult.

It might be better/easier for you if HTML embedding allowed a mode where
the plain text variant was always based on converting HTML to plain
text, but this is not currently available.

In other words, I don't think this reply helps you much :)