[MlMt] iCloud accounts require an app specific password starting June 15th

Robert Brenstein mailmate at learning-insights.eu
Tue Jun 13 11:09:37 EDT 2017

I just got the following today:

This is a reminder that beginning on June 15, app-specific passwords
will be required to access your iCloud data using third‑party apps
such as Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird, or other mail, contacts,
and calendar services not provided by Apple.

If you are already signed in to a third‑party app using your primary
Apple ID password, you will be signed out automatically when this change
takes effect. You will need to generate an app-specific password and
sign in again.

To generate an app-specific password, turn on two-factor authentication
for your Apple ID and then follow the instructions below:

•		Sign in to your Apple ID account page (https://appleid.apple.com)
•		Go to App-Specific Passwords under Security
•		Click Generate Password