[MlMt] taking SMTP servers offline?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Jun 1 00:06:39 EDT 2017

On 31 May 2017, at 19:29, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Is there any way to take SMTP servers offline?  Often, when I'm on a
> plane, I have WiFi on (for example, to use the flight-tracking web
> page), but I don't feel like paying for Internet access.  If I compose
> messages (and it's a great time to catch up on back email), I'm
> constantly getting pop-ups about edit, retry, try later (I got three
> while composing this very message...).

When composing a message you can enable the "Send Later" pseudo-header
(far-left pulldown in the toolbar between headers and body in the
compose window) and enter a somewhat free-form time description like
"Friday at 10 AM" or anything else the Apple time/date "data detector"
gadgetry recognizes. See the Compose page of the MailMate Help.