[MlMt] UI/UX issues

Greg Earle earle at isolar.DynDNS.ORG
Mon Jul 24 18:04:26 EDT 2017

I've been loving watching MailMate catch up to Apple Mail in usability
over the last few years, but some UI/UX issues still drive me a bit
crazy.

If I switch from one folder to another, where I end up in that new
folder seems to be nearly random:

Sometimes I end up at the most recent message.  (This is good.  I like
this.)

Sometimes I end up at a random point in the folder.  (This is not so
good.)

Sometimes I end up at the oldest message.  (This is really not good.  I
don't like this.)

There's no Preference setting for this that I can see.  The Principle of
Least Surpriseā„¢ says I should either get put at the most recent
message, or whatever the message was that I was viewing the last time I
visited the folder.

Is there some way to control this behavior?