[MlMt] huge jumps in RAM use - anyone?

Mon Jul 24 12:05:36 EDT 2017

On 22 Jul 2017, at 1:02, Tim Lance wrote:

> I am still testing MailMate and so far have but one thing bothering
> me. At least once a day I see in ActivityMonitor huge jumps in all
> columns for memory use - like by a factor of 3 or 4. For example, for
> the Memory column instead of the usual 200-300 MB I’ll see anything
> from 600-800 to well over 1 GB, in that column alone. It never goes
> back down, even after purging. After a MailMate restart things are
> back to normal.
>
> Anyone else? I’ve never seen another client do such.

I've got a similar (and unfortunately quite old) report from a user and
in that case I'm convinced there is some kind of leak, but it has proven
difficult to track down what happens. This user has a very small email
archive of just a few thousand emails. I'll note your email address and
contact you if I have a fix for this issue.

But note that MailMate is memory hungry and if you have a large message
store then it uses a lot of memory. It'll increase sharply until you
have received and sent a few emails and then it should stabilize.