[MlMt] More on deleting a message and subsequent selection

Randall Meadows randy.meadows at not-pc.com
Thu Jul 13 13:14:40 EDT 2017

This question seems to be related to the "deleting message auto-open
next" thread, but I've not been able to figure it out exactly...

I use the Three Panes layout.  I just got a new machine.  On my old
machine, I could hit the Enter key to open the selected message into its
own window; then, I could delete that message, and the window would
close, and NOTHING would be selected afterwards.  I really liked this
workflow—it allows me to delete a message and leave all other messages
unread, for the case where I don't yet want to deal with any other
messages than the one I just deleted.

On my new machine, however, opening a message into its own window and
deleting it closes that message window AND selects the next message in
the displayed mailbox.  Now, I have to manually mark that message as
UNREAD and deselect it (thus saving it for later).

I have enabled the `MmSingleMessageWindowClosesAfterMove` flag as
described in the aforementioned thread; is there some other related flag
I also have to set to get my old behavior back?

I'm running MailMate r5390.

Thanks.
randy