[MlMt] Request: t searches default to sent folder

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Tue Jan 24 15:03:11 EST 2017

On 24 Jan 2017, at 14:59, Peter Stevens wrote:

> How about defaulting to the folder you are currently in? This makes it
> much more like Thunderbird’s “quick filter”, a feature I really
> miss.

It could be an option, to be sure. Most of the time I’m in smart
folders designed to minimize what I see (like “Today”), so this is
not what I would want.

I think Apple Mail.app switches to the sent-mail folder if you search
for something in the “to” field and back to the inbox, if you search
for “from”.

Personally I find that most of my searches are to find out what exactly
I wrote to somebody, so they tend to be in the “t something” form.

John