[MlMt] gmail (throttled)

Brett J. Goldstein brettjgoldstein at gmail.com
Thu Jan 19 12:33:16 EST 2017

I used the All Mail fix and that has resolved for now.  thank you

On January 17, 2017 at 10:30:36 AM, Benny Kjær Nielsen (
mailinglist at freron.com) wrote:

On 17 Jan 2017, at 16:45, Brett Goldstein wrote:

> I see that there has been some threads on this but I don’t see a
> resolution. My mailmate client continually gets throttled by gmail.
> The source presents as “Gmail (throttled)”. The latency is
> impactful — so how do i resolve this?

If it's the known issue discussed most recently then you can take the
“[Gmail]/All Mail” mailbox offline if you have it subscribed. I had
another report on this today and I got some more data. Hopefully this
will mean that I get back on track on finding a fix for it. Sorry to
anyone bothered by this issue (busy-looping the All Mail folder).

Alternatively, if it happened after initially adding the account then it
might just be because you have a large account. In that case you can try
to take the account offline for a while (24 hours) and then take it
online again.