[MlMt] Apply Rules on Inbox

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Mon Jan 16 02:00:06 EST 2017

Bram Heerink 2017-01-15 20:54 wrote:

> I want to move all mail with an List-Id **and** is older than 7 days
> to a specific folder. I read somewhere that the Rules will be checked
> if mail gets delivered to the inbox. So, this results in no e-mails
> moved. But apply rules does nothing to. How is this supposed to work?

You can add rules to the Inbox and use rules condition but I find it a
lot easier to use rules on smart folders.

I first create a smart folder with the criteria I need, in this case to
catch all mailing-lists.

Condition: list-id -> identifier exist
Submailboxes: list-id -> identifier, name format:
${list-id.identifier.final-level:/capitalize}

When I have confirmed that the right e-mails are matched I apply the
needed rules action(s) to the smart folder.

Rules action: Move to mailbox "example"

Fredrik