[MlMt] Inbox vs All Messages

Sun Jan 15 15:38:32 EST 2017

On 14 Jan 2017, at 22:39, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I expected All Messages to show me more messages than source, because
> it should include messages that I sent to users in that domain from my
> other accounts. The source includes messages in trash and spam mail. I
> expected All Messages to include those as well. Apparently, All does
> not really mean all.
>
> Is there a description of those standard mailboxes in the
> documentation? I can’t seem to find it.

All Messages is everything except for Junk and Trash. The main purpose
of All Messages is to use it for searches for which you would usually
not want junk/trash, but you can always ⌘-click these folders if you
need to include them in a search. Doing that should give you the maximum
number of matched messages.