[MlMt] Eudora's mail concatenation in MailMate

Mike Petonic petonic at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 13 11:19:20 EST 2017

On 13 Jan 2017, at 6:16, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 12 Jan 2017, at 17:50, Mike Petonic wrote:
>
>> Perhaps we could use Github's Wiki feature of the
>> https://github.com/mailmate/ site.  It doesn't appear that it's
>> enabled, or rather, it is enabled but it just redirects us to the
>> markdown manual (https://github.com/mailmate/mailmate_manual) again.
>
> I don't have any experience with Github's Wiki, but I like that I
> maintain some control while being able to allow anyone to edit. I'll
> look into this.

That's encouraging.  We've got some very smart people using MailMate
(it's almost a self-qualifying feature :-) and loads of them want to
help.

The hopeful outcome is:

* we free up your time to focus what you're good at
* cultivate collaboration across aforementioned smart user-base
* provide a reference repository to all of us ADHD users who forgot
where that obscure feature is (this is me)

For a non-profit project that I'm helping with, I set up a DokuWiki for
the first time.  I don't know GitHub's wiki, but I suspect that it's not
going to be rocket-science for you, nor for MM users.

And, I think, given that you own the repo, you'll maintain full control
unless you eventually come to trust the folks who volunteer (ahem,
Annamarie Pluhar, your volunteering has not gone unnoticed :-).  This
will free up even more of your time and again, provide for a lot of
collaboration.