[MlMt] Markdown / Numbered Lists / Newline inserted after pressing space

Fri Jan 13 03:17:04 EST 2017

On 11 Jan 2017, at 16:24, Sherif Soliman wrote:

> On 11 Jan 2017, at 4:08, Robert M. Münch wrote:
>
>> Hi, when I create a numbered list with "1. " MM opens up the preview,
>> shows the numbered list entry but the cursor is positioned into a
>> newline under the number, so I just can't continue writing and have
>> to get rid of the newline. Is this a known problem?
>>

> This happens to me too - but only sometimes and I couldn't reproduce
> it for the purposes of this reply. I start the list and the composer
> recognizes the text as Markdown, and while it's opening a Preview
> pane, the cursor moves to the line below the `- `.
>
> Unfortunately I don't have a guess as to what conditions cause that to
> happen.

I'm pretty sure that it only happens when the preview is on the right
side of the composer window. At least I have been able to reproduce it
that way at some point, but I cannot trigger it now. I'm guessing there
must be some other condition needed for this behavior.

Robert, can you confirm that you have the preview on the right?