[MlMt] Date column

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Thu Jan 12 17:27:53 EST 2017

On 12 Jan 2017, at 14:24, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> Ah, that explains why I suddenly see messages from the day before even
> if I processed all new mail before shutting down for the night. I had
> Eudora set to show dates in my time zone and did not think that MM
> shows in the sender’s original time zone.

MM already DOES show dates adjusted to the local zone.

One thing that may explain what you're seeing is that MM tracks 2
different timestamps: "Date Sent" and "Date Received."  "Date Sent" is
the message Date header, adjusted to the local zone, while "Date
Received" is derived from the time and date in the most recent Received
header.