[MlMt] Also awesome: counters

Zvi Biener zvistrash at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 17:17:31 EST 2017

Hi Mailmates,

Since some of you have been sharing neat tidbits, I thought I'd share
one of my favorites: customizable counters.

Each mailbox can have a "Displayed Count" next to it, showing by
default: All, Unread, Flagged, Unreplied, and Recent. However, the
counters can be configured with pretty much anything. For example, I
have a counter called "Outgoing" which lists messages that are about to
be sent (I use time delay, so this shows me what messages are waiting to
be sent). I use it on the "Drafts" mailbox. This is a small thing, but
neat and quite useful for those using delay, without needing an
independent smart mailbox.

As far as I can tell, you can take a set of conditions from any smart
mailbox and create a counter. Open Mailboxes.plist and copy out the
"filter" associated with the smart mailbox. Create countMenu.plist in
~/Library/Application Support/Mailmate/Resources, following this format
:

{
	counts = (
		{ key = "outgoing"; title = "Outgoing"; filter = "#relay exists"; },
	);
}

Insert your own filter after "filter = " and there you go. Off the top
of my head, the 'trick' can be used to show some important subset of the
Inbox, messages with important keywords, etc.

Thanks for a great app, Benny.

Zvi