[MlMt] Export/Import/Sync Mailbox Conditions/Rules, etc.?

Fri Jan 6 06:35:52 EST 2017

On 4 Jan 2017, at 1:02, Jim McCarty wrote:

> I have a home computer and a work computer where I use MailMate and
> now that I'm getting more into the awesome customization I can do, I
> find myself taking work I do on one computer (setting up smart
> mailboxes, tweaking rules and conditions, etc.) and needing to
> duplicate that on the other computer so I have a "unified" email
> experience.
>
> Is there a way to move these configurations from one computer to the
> other? I don't mind doing some manual work like grabbing an xml file,
> making manual changes to tweak an already established file, or what
> have you.

When MailMate is **not** running then it's safe to move any of the
`.plist` files:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/*.plist

Some of them need to go together, but if you haven't changed anything
account related then it's fine to move the `Mailboxes.plist` file. You
should have the same accounts on both computers and they should be
configured them in the same way (if the IMAP server allows different
usernames, like Gmail, for the same IMAP account then you could run into
issues).