[MlMt] Extra lines in quoted text

John D. Muccigrosso muccigrosso at icloud.com
Thu Jan 5 00:32:19 EST 2017

I’m sure I’ve mentioned this before, but it keeps happening.

I read in HTML if the message has it, but reply in plain text. MM2 will
sometimes insert extra quoted lines when there’s a blank line in the
original.

For example, here’s the original html via cmd-option-U:

through m=

The reply text comes out:

> John,
>

> I have searched through m...

I’m not sure what’s causing the problem. Note that the middle line
of the three blank quoted lines has two spaces in it after the angle
bracket, while the other two are empty.

John