[MlMt] IMAP not working

Tue Feb 28 11:27:02 EST 2017

On 28 Feb 2017, at 17:13, Aaron Falk wrote:

> On 28 Feb 2017, at 11:02, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>>> 15:01:22 C: A2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN ••••••••••
>> 15:01:22 S: A2 NO AUTHENTICATION has failed
>> 15:01:22 Error: Server response: “A2 NO AUTHENTICATION has
>> failed”. Command attempted: “A2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
>> ••••••••••”.
>> 15:01:22 Reusing latest used password
>> 15:01:22 C: A3 LOGIN ••••••••••
>> 15:01:22 S: A3 NO Login has failed
>> 15:01:22 Error: Server response: “A3 NO Login has failed”.
>> Command attempted: “A3 LOGIN ••••••••••”.
>>
>> Are you 100% sure the username/password is correct?
>
> Sigh.  You are absolutely correct.  I was doing a password reset and
> verification on the wrong IETF service.  There are multiple and I
> thought I had been validating the one linked to IMAP access.  Chalk
> this one up to user error.  Sorry about the extra work.  (Although
> I’m not sure why it stopped working in the first place.)

It's only working now because of the `defaults` variable I provided. I
don't really know why `AUTHENTICATE PLAIN` does not work :|

(Well, there is a chance that it only failed for anonymous login and
your problems only started because of a password issue. In that case you
should no longer see `AUTHENTICATE PLAIN` fail in the logs as it was
seen above.)