[MlMt] IMAP not working

Tue Feb 28 11:02:27 EST 2017

On 28 Feb 2017, at 16:04, Aaron Falk wrote:

> I updated to today’s build (5356), deleted and recreated the
> account.  Anonymous access is working with the additional guidance you
> provided.  Specifically, user needs to leave the ‘ignore server
> state’ box checked, uncheck all subs using the option key, then sub
> only to boxes of interest.  So, this is great and gets me to a minimal
> level of functionality.
>
> However, I would like to use authenticated access.  Here’s the log
> when using my credentials:

The workaround seems to be working. MailMate falls back to `LOGIN` when
`AUTHENTICATE PLAIN` fails. This is what made the anonymous case work.

> 15:01:22 C: A2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN ••••••••••
> 15:01:22 S: A2 NO AUTHENTICATION has failed
> 15:01:22 Error: Server response: “A2 NO AUTHENTICATION has
> failed”. Command attempted: “A2 AUTHENTICATE PLAIN
> 15:01:22 Reusing latest used password
> 15:01:22 C: A3 LOGIN ••••••••••
> 15:01:22 S: A3 NO Login has failed
> 15:01:22 Error: Server response: “A3 NO Login has failed”. Command
> attempted: “A3 LOGIN ••••••••••”.

Are you 100% sure the username/password is correct? The next step might
be to try to use a Terminal window with `telnet` to login to the
account. I can provide instructions for that if you like to try that.