[MlMt] IMAP not working

Tue Feb 28 09:41:53 EST 2017

On 28 Feb 2017, at 13:37, Aaron Falk wrote:

>>> Ah. Got it.  I can log onto the server with anonymous creds but get
>>> an
>>> error when I try to subscribe to any list archive:
>>
>> I assume this is because you are not authenticated? Does
>> non-anonymous
>> login not work now as well?
>
> Anonymous should allow me to read any list bit it does not.

I was able to reproduce this when I disabled “Ignore server
subscription state...” setting in the Subscriptions editor, but maybe
that actually makes sense. An “anonymous” user has no server state
and therefore the server cannot maintain a list of subscribed mailboxes
for the user. It worked when using the client-side setting in MailMate
since this is independent of the server. (There was a bug which did not
allow me to first unsubscribe all mailboxes by holding down ⌥, but
I've fixed that now.)

> Non-anonymous login fails repeatedly as before.

That's strange, because from the perspective of MailMate there's no
difference between anonymous and non-anonymous logins. Could you try
once more?

Use the latest test release: Hold down ⌥ when clicking “Check Now”
in the Software Update preferences pane.

Thanks in advance.