[MlMt] What is happening

Jim McCarty huckncatch at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 02:23:20 EST 2017

Hi Benny,

Just started using Little Snitch again after a long hiatus and noticed
something odd running 2.0 beta builds; launching the app doesn’t run
MailMate from the bundle, it’s running from a path similar to
`/private/var/folders/p6/_crvbkp56l3dsmhm8ll79w_h0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/225B9D5C-3FAE-4239-AA9A-EB4DCFB4A4E3/d/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate`.
I can approve rules for outgoing connections, but they become invalid
after quitting the app because the binary no longer exists at that path.

I also notice that trying to pin MailMate in the dock and launching from
there spawns what looks like another instance of MailMate (a different
MailMate icon appears in the Dock).

Is something wonky on my machine?

Thanks, Jim