[MlMt] Re-appearing messages

Jim McCarty huckncatch at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 01:34:48 EST 2017

Hi Benny,

The problem I keep encountering is some time after I delete messages
while viewing through smart mailboxes, they will sometimes reappear.
Most of the time they reappear with their read status reset, though some
remain marked as read (though I haven’t tried to figure out the
pattern). I have many smart mailboxes, some are setup to roughly mimic
Gmail’s inbox categorization others look at tags or subject patterns.
Some of the email is in the inbox, some in [Gmail]/Archive or maybe in a
Gmail "label" that hasn't been converted yet.

The only way I’ve found to keep them from coming back once they’ve
started is to delete them and then choose to sync the entire account.
However, I recently discovered a whole raft of emails I had deleted
reappear in my smart mailbox (all living in [Gmail]/Archive) but all
marked as read, whereas before, most of them would reappear marked as
unread).

I can't really tell you if it only happens on one computer but not the
other (I'll pay closer attention in the future), though I can tell you
the one I noticed this behavior on today was running v1.9.6 (5347), the
other is running v2.0BETA (6072). Oh, and both were probably running at
the same time, one at home sitting idle, the other with me at work
(running v1.9.6).

Thanks, Jim