[MlMt] Domain whitelist for remote content, revisited

Sam Hathaway list.mailmate at munkynet.org
Wed Feb 22 17:05:18 EST 2017

Hi MailMate Users,

A while ago I posted asking if there was a way to tell MailMate to load
remote content only from specific domains. The rationale here is that,
since sender addresses can be easily spoofed, allowing remote content
tracking. By allowing loads by source domain, we can effectively control
where potential tracking data ends up. (This is one of the few features
I miss from Thunderbird.)

Folks suggested that I try using Little Snitch to do this, and so I did.
Turns out, Little Snitch is too intrusive when used this way, as it asks
about each domain in turn, and I have to allow or deny each one. (And
there are *lots* of domains referenced in your average HTML email!)

Thunderbird, in the other hand, uses a popup menu which lists each
domain and allows the user to select which they would like to allow
content from.

Screenshot here:
https://support.mozilla.org/legacyfs/online/sumo-media/gallery/images/2016-06-25-09-51-48-ba4a40.png

Docs here:
https://support.mozilla.org/t5/Privacy-and-security-settings/Remote-Content-in-Messages/ta-p/21655

So I guess this boils down to a feature request. How about it, Benny?
-sam