[MlMt] Google Delegate Users

Verdon Vaillancourt verdonv at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 11:40:13 EST 2017

A bit of an oddball question here…

I work at a university that uses google apps/email for all institutional
mail. In some cases, there are departmental accounts/addresses that
several different users may use via google’s ‘delegate’ mechanism,
instead of sharing a password. So for instance, joe at myuniversity.ca is
logged in and sends an email message from the
techservices at myuniversity.ca. When using gmail’s browser-based mail
client to read that message, I can see that the email is from
techservices@ but sent by joe at . I’m assuming this is something in the
message header, but I cannot find a way of exposing this. It is in the
header when I view the raw source of the message, i.e.

Sender: joe at myuniversity.ca
 From: techservices at myuniversity.ca

A feature request for future versions might be to have a preference to
display that field.

Best regards,
verdon