[MlMt] don't like auto-add

Tue Feb 21 11:40:43 EST 2017

On 18 Feb 2017, at 3:02, Randy Bush wrote:

>> The standard mailboxes are part of each source and are required for
>> proper operation as far as I know.
>>
>>> my issue is that i do not want to be gratuitously subscribed to new
>>> mailboxes in SOURCES.  i maintain the list very carefully, and have
>>> a length constraint due to screen real estate.
>
> am i that unclear?  i do not care if mm makes 1,000 magic folders.
> just don't force me to see them, damn it.

People on this list are just trying to help. I'm the only one who can be
blamed for any annoying MailMate behavior.

The sent/draft/... folders are not magic folders in the sense that some
email clients generate folders to maintain private state. They are
needed to store, e.g., drafts and sent messages, but clearly you are
using MailMate in a different way and I think this why it's annoying
behavior in your eyes. Unfortunately, MailMate currently needs these
folders to work properly.

What you probably need is some feature to place sent messages elsewhere
(and probably also drafts), but such a feature currently does not exist.
Sorry.