[MlMt] S/MIME Encryption

Robert M. Münch robert.muench at saphirion.com
Mon Feb 13 05:27:03 EST 2017

Hi, I received an encrypted S/MIME message which was successfully decrypted. At least that's what MM shows.

1. I'm wondering how this works as I can't remember to send my S/MIME certificate. Is there something like a key-server for S/MIME as well?

2. Answering the email with encryption & signing doesn't work. I get: "Failed to find valid certificate to encrypt for xyz.xyz at abc.com. The specified item could not be found in the keychain. Error code: -25300" (Note: This text is shown twice). But I can see the certificate for the recipient in one of my keychains.

3. When trying to send the email I need to enter the password for a signing certificate I own. This is the first keychain in the keychain app. But this certificate is not for encryption. Could it be that MM just access the first keychain and doesn't search through all of them?

--

Robert M. Münch, CEO
M: +41 79 65 11 49 6

Saphirion AG